Working on Two Bugs

1. This I have not been able to reproduce - and it was before my coffee - but I swear that I saw an entry with a posted date of X become Y when I clicked to edit.

2. getCategories does not respect the new "hide" logic for entries in the future. Neither does getEntry, but I think that is ok since you would need to know the UUID to get the posting. Also, an admin may want to share a blog posting with others before publishing to the public.

Anyway, I'll work on this and try to get a release today. There is another new feature I'll add to make it worth the trouble.

Comment 1 by Rob Brooks-Bilson posted on 3/24/2005 at 7:31 PM

Ray, one thing I thought I noticed last night on my blog was comments showing up out of order (3.6). I'll check into it when I get into work too.

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 7:53 PM

I can't confirm that here. Is it one bad order, like reversed, or random? Can you look in the db and confirm the dates are right there and that the display is not ordering them correctly?

Comment 3 by Ryan Guill posted on 3/24/2005 at 8:28 PM

ray, does the rss feeds respect the hide logic for future entries? and the calendar too?

Comment 4 by Ray Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 8:38 PM

RSS yes. I'm pretty darn sure calendar does as well. Checking....

ack. I'm wrong. Ok, I'll fix that as well. Good catch, Ryan!

Comment 5 by Ray Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 8:40 PM

Ryan: To be anal - if you are logged on and if you request the RSS feed, it WILL show future items. However, that doesn't apply to the public of course.

Comment 6 by Ray Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 8:42 PM

Ok, calendar pod fixed as well. If anyone wants the CFC now, let me know. Or you can wait till later today when I add in the new feature. I also want to hear back from Rob to see if I can find/fix his bug as well.

Comment 7 by Ryan Guill posted on 3/24/2005 at 8:43 PM

oh, if im logged in I dont care. I was mainly concerned because of aggregators. And of course the calendar. But just trying to help.

Comment 8 by Ray Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 8:56 PM

Something new in the upcoming release: The emails going out will be a bit cleaner. Less white space.

Comment 9 by Rob Brooks-Bilson posted on 3/24/2005 at 9:12 PM

Ray, ignore me ;-) Looks like I made my post from my dev machine, which is in a different time zone than our prod box, hence the reverse comment order. Doh!

Comment 10 by Ray Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 9:56 PM

Another new feature coming up. You can specify mailserver/u/p per blog. For folks who have to specify a mail server, they will no longer need to modify the source code.

Comment 11 by firefly posted on 3/28/2005 at 10:08 AM

An error occurred when performing a file operation read on file C:\website_local_hj\blog_cfm\install/blogimport.txt.
The cause of this exception was: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\website_local_hj\blog_cfm\install\blogimport.txt (???????????=[can not find file ]?).

Please try the following:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Maxthon)
Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer http://localhost/blog_cfm/install/
Date/Time 28-??-05 11:51 ??

Comment 12 by Ray Camden posted on 3/28/2005 at 10:15 AM

Firefly - I'm not sure what your error means. blogimport isn't a script I ship in the zip. I believe I used to have it for versions earlier then 3.x.

Comment 13 by firefly posted on 3/28/2005 at 12:27 PM

Could not find the ColdFusion Component org.camden.blog.blog.
Please check that the given name is correct and that the component exists.

Please try the following:

Comment 14 by Ray Camden posted on 3/28/2005 at 9:41 PM

firefly: Ensure that you have created a mapping for org.