BlogCFC 3.6.1 Released

Minor updates:

• Typo fix in layout.cfm
  • URL validation update in index.cfm
  • I added a check for BlueDragon in 3.6, but it wasn't right. BlogCFC now checks for CFMX 6.1 or BD 6.2.

As always, let me know if you find any more bugs, and don't forget the wishlist! (Yes, I'm a greedy you know what!)

Comment 1 by Malcolm posted on 3/24/2005 at 9:14 AM

Ray, are you able to let me know exactley what files you updated from 3.60 to 3.61? I don't really want to copy all the files aver again :)

Comment 2 by Ray Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 9:10 PM

It is in the readme.txt file, but not explicitely as file A, B, etc. It should be layout.cfm, index.cfm, and blog.cfc.

Comment 3 by Wayne Graham posted on 3/24/2005 at 9:10 PM

Any chance to get the Aura skin Joe did included in layout.cfm?

Comment 4 by Ray Camden posted on 3/24/2005 at 9:16 PM

Probably not. I'd rather keep the layout simply and ugly for those who want to spend a lot of time customizing it.

Comment 5 by Ryan Guill posted on 3/26/2005 at 1:02 AM

Hey ray, I just found something that would be really cool to implement on blog.cfc.

I found it on http://www.symphony21.com/f...
It says that thier blog software, "Keyword Linker - Make a list of words you want Symphony to automatically turn into links (e.g. Google.)"

How hard do you think it would be to implement? The hardest part would be where to store the list of words and their websites I would think.

What do you think?

Comment 6 by sean tierney posted on 3/26/2005 at 1:59 PM

Ray,
BlogCFC is great, i'm migrating my current blog into it now. I noticed it's impossible to go forward or backward though months on the calendar thoguh (confirmed it just now on yours as well). Any ideas what might be the fix before I dig into your code?
thanks
sean

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/26/2005 at 9:34 PM

Sean - this was a really, really dumb bug on my part. Fixed in 3.6.2 which was released 5 minutes ago.

Comment 8 by Ray Camden posted on 3/29/2005 at 1:19 AM

Ryan: It would be trivial as a one off. But I don't think I'd make that part of the core (unless a lot of people ask for it).

Comment 9 by sean tierney posted on 3/29/2005 at 1:27 AM

speaking of enhancement requests, one that would be useful would be to integrate the FCK editor. i was using this one before: http://sourceforge.net/proj... and it has the FCK built in which makes it very nice for rich text and linking to sites and embedding images.

Comment 10 by Ray Camden posted on 3/29/2005 at 1:35 AM

I think I must be in the minority as I absolutely despise rich-text controls. I will tell you what I tell others.... just modify editor.cfm. ;)