Time to Brag...

So my new toy came in today...

This is the new 24 inch flat screen from Dell. I have to say - this thing is beautiful. It is a pleasure to look at. Compare it to my old 18 inch flatscreen:

My old flat screen looks dusty and dim in comparison. The Dell also has a card reader (supports all the major types) and some USB ports.

The only issues I had was in setup. At first I couldn't get DVI to work with the screen, then I had issues with the layout of screens, but after playing with it enough I think I have it perfect now.

Comment 1 by Blaine Korte posted on 3/11/2005 at 11:45 PM

Very nice...What's the native resolution?

Comment 2 by Steven Erat posted on 3/11/2005 at 11:51 PM

Forget the DVI issue..... How'd you get that beast through the door?! I suppose refinancing your house to pay for it could have covered door-widening, too.

Seriously, I salivate over the flat screens everytime I'm in a Best Buy. The 17" ones are dropping to the $300 range, and there was a 21" beauty for $900, but my recent iPod acquisition quelled any hopes for such a beefy screen anytime soon.

Comment 3 by anonymous posted on 3/11/2005 at 11:52 PM

how much $?

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/11/2005 at 11:53 PM

Stevent/Anon: This was very cheap. I got it for 1004. The base price is 11xx or so.

Blaine, 1920 x 12xx or something.

Hey guys, I'm testing a blog bug. I may ask one of you to post a nonsense entry here. If this bugs the rest of you, please let me know.

Comment 5 by Fake posted on 3/11/2005 at 11:54 PM

Guys, forgive the dummy posting.

Comment 6 by Fake posted on 3/11/2005 at 11:55 PM

Another fake post.

Comment 7 by Fake posted on 3/11/2005 at 11:55 PM

Yet another. This should be close to the end.

Comment 8 by Fake posted on 3/12/2005 at 12:01 AM

One last post. I'll explain all of this is a new entry soon.

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 3/12/2005 at 12:01 AM

I certainly hope so, Fake. You are really bugging me.

Comment 10 by Rick posted on 3/12/2005 at 12:15 AM

Nice monitor!

I myself am stuck at work with a 19" dell flat panel and a 20" flat screen CRT (dual monitor setup)

I don't even like using my computer at home anymore, because my old single 17" flat CRT just doesn't cut it =)

Comment 11 by Alex Sherwood posted on 3/12/2005 at 12:38 AM

Where'd you get the groovy Lion King desktop background?!

Nice screen!

Comment 12 by Ray Camden posted on 3/12/2005 at 12:51 AM

Alex - it's a screen from the upcoming movie, Mirror Mask. I believe the site is mirrormask.com.

Comment 13 by Blaine Korte posted on 3/12/2005 at 3:13 AM

Nice! Very nice...Now you need another so you can do 3200x1200 ;)

Very cool. Stuff like this makes me wish I didn't buy such an expensive laptop and got a cheap laptop instead and a nice (expandable) desktop...

Comment 14 by Bill Rawlinson posted on 3/12/2005 at 4:19 AM

so, what are you going to do with the old "dingy" monitor? Since it is so dingy and dull I'll take it off your hands - you won't even have to pay me :O)

contact me if you are selling it if I can afford it ..well, I'll buy it :O)

Comment 15 by Sharon posted on 3/15/2005 at 12:19 AM

And you'll be talking to your boss about ordering 8 more of those babies for your dev team to play Half-life...I mean write code, right? ;-)

Comment 16 by Tom posted on 3/17/2005 at 3:12 AM

I also got a new LCD, through mine is just a 19" -- could not afford more. Got it at future shop, managed to avoid getting extended warranty with it.

Comment 17 by brannon posted on 4/16/2005 at 4:28 PM

Yes it is an awsome monitor.....
Mine just came in yesterday and once i got it set up, WOW.....