Fun with Google Maps

Ever wondered what places around you are houses of ill repute? The results are pretty humorous. I started with my home address, then moved to a search and tried "houses of ill repute." As I said, the results were pretty funny. Try it yourself.

More: This is from New Orleans. Houses of Ill Repute in NO

Comment 1 by Matt Woodward posted on 3/3/2005 at 7:59 AM

Very funny stuff--when I use my address I get back a mixture of churches, real estate offices, and an Evergreen Super Buffet!

Comment 2 by g.wygonik posted on 3/3/2005 at 9:07 AM

hrm... your New Orleans link seems to be the same as your Lafayette link. i _know_ there is at least one here in nola - so if that's what coming up for new orleans, it's soooooo wrong! ;-)

g.

Comment 3 by joe rinehart posted on 3/3/2005 at 9:33 AM

I searched my area (Washington, DC suburb - "houses of ill repute 20147"), and I think my results are probably almost second to none:

* National Elected Officials: The White House
* Congress: Capitol Switchboard (US Congress)
* Federal Information Systems Corporation
* White House: Presidential Inquiries Comments Office
* The Council of Better Business Bureaus

Comment 4 by Gus posted on 3/3/2005 at 6:50 PM

This one is pretty funny too...

Comment 5 by flashape posted on 3/3/2005 at 9:22 PM

haha..i live in L.A., so it didn't surprise me when this came up:

Police Assessments Resource Center
(213) 623-5757 - 0.7 mi W

Comment 6 by tony petruzzi posted on 3/3/2005 at 9:49 PM

want even more fun? Type in paranormal instead. You get a listing of haunted places. It accuratly found the haunted places around here in FL.

Comment 7 by Steven Erat posted on 3/3/2005 at 10:58 PM

Number 1 House of Ill Repute in Boston is the Free Software Foundation :-)

Comment 8 by Andy Clark posted on 3/3/2005 at 11:01 PM

Great stuff . i live in Toronto and with the 'houses of ill repute' the NHL players association offices came up!

Of course, I forgot no-one in the States takes any notice of hockey

Comment 9 by Steve Ray posted on 3/4/2005 at 9:57 AM

Like Joe, the White House came up for me, as did the Cato Institute. Fitting. Thanks.