Still aren't watching Battlestar Galactica?

If you still aren't watching Battlestar Galactica, you are really missing out on a great sci fi show. Even better, you can now watch the first episode, without commercials, and with deleted scenes, at the official SciFi channel web site. If you have already seen the first episode, they nicely let you view just the deleted scenes if you want. (Although to be honest, the scenes aren't that interesting, except for the one where the President gets a gift.)

So I point this for two reasons. One, I love BSG. Secondly, this is an incredibly good idea. I wish more companies would offer up their TV shows online. Shoot, they could probably offer it with commercials. This would allow them to sell ad space twice.

Comment 1 by John Farrar posted on 2/25/2005 at 8:42 PM

I heard the content was a bit steamy. This will likely boost ratings for me to mention it... but since you previewed it... would you say it was family friendly?

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/25/2005 at 8:50 PM

It is a bit steamy. I don't remember particular "steamyness" in the first episode. In general, I wouldn't let me 5 year old watch it. My 13 year old - sure - most likely - ask me in 8 years. ;) It's nothing R rated, at worst PG-13. Normally this kind of stuff doesn't bug me, but it seems to "stick out" for me in this series for some reason. It's like they go just a little bit too far. It doesn't ruin the series for me.

Comment 3 by Boyzoid posted on 2/25/2005 at 9:33 PM

Ray -

I love the series. I too find it, at times, to be a bit steamy. I think the reasom it sticks out is because we would expect it from The OC, or some other prime time soap opera, but I didn't expect it from The Sci-Fi Channel, exspecially in BSG.

Comment 4 by Kristin posted on 2/25/2005 at 11:42 PM

It's a great series, but dark. I loved the original when I was a kid. This one is a different beast all together, but still great. Would my kids watch it, not likely.

Comment 5 by jared chandler posted on 2/25/2005 at 11:43 PM

don't you understand... they have to repopulate the human race!

Comment 6 by scott janousek posted on 2/26/2005 at 2:08 AM

I was surprised how well its put together ...

Comment 7 by scott janousek posted on 2/26/2005 at 2:10 AM

They should redo Buck Rogers!!!!!!!!!!!