Galleon Announcement

Galleon 1.1 has been released. It is now 100% free and open. Support for MySQL and MS Access has been added (it has always supported SQL Server). Also new is a simple search report tool.

If you enjoy it, as always, I ask that you donate to my Amazon wishlist, as this software follows the same license as my other apps. (I call it the "Buy Ray crap" license. I'm going to have two kids in private school next fall - so no more budget for games!)

You can see the forums in action here.

Comment 1 by Brendan OHara posted on 2/1/2005 at 9:01 PM

Ray,

How do you churn out so much "BRC" software? Pretty darn prolific.

Brendan

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/2/2005 at 12:19 AM

Heh, actually this is the first release of Galleons in six months, ignoring small fixes. I haven't had a Blog update in a while. So for me - it feels slow. :)

Comment 3 by Brian Rinaldi posted on 2/2/2005 at 3:18 AM

Ray,

Thanks for making so much work available to the community. On a somewhat unrelated topic, I notice that this says it was posted on the 31st of January, but on the calendar pod, the 31st of January shows as if it has no entries. Just curious..?

- Brian Rinaldi

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/2/2005 at 3:30 AM

Looks like a bug then. :) I'm working on a BlogCFC update next.

Comment 5 by Rob Brooks-Bilson posted on 2/2/2005 at 4:10 AM

Ray, any word on what's going into the next BlogCFC update? TrackBack and Ping perhaps?

Comment 6 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/2/2005 at 4:22 AM

Trackback... maybe.
Bug fixes (some minor stuff here and there)
Disable comments for a post.
Call paragraphformat2 udf on comment postings so they look a bit nicer (like in this comment, i have line breaks that aren't going to show up)
i may try to get auru as the default skim in
maybe support a print format url automatically - ie it will just show the entry with no outside layout - and maybe evne use pdf if version=blackstone
support bluedragon by updating the blog.cfc code that checks for wrap

and anything else that people ask for

Comment 7 by Chris Bestall posted on 2/2/2005 at 10:08 AM

Very Cool! Thanks Ray.

I did have to make one change to get it to work with Bluedragon6.2. I copied in your function configParam from your blog CFC to the application CFC to get around the lack of getProfileSections() function in Bluedragon. Then made the changes below:

Added the following line:
<cfset var iniData = "dsn,mapping,perpage,fromAddress,rootURL,sendonpost,dbtype">

Change the loop to:
<cfloop index="key" list="#iniData#">
<cfset r[key] = configParam(settingsFile,"settings",key)>
</cfloop>

Comment 8 by Chris Bestall posted on 2/2/2005 at 10:10 AM

Ok, that code didnt post very well.

Maybe that's something for the next Blog. HTML comment formatting :)

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 2/2/2005 at 8:12 PM

Thanks for the warning. I plan on downloading BD next week so I'll have it around to test.