CFEclipse Tips 1 and 2

1. Ok, this is in the docs but it took me a while to find it. In order to do block indentation, just use the tab key (or shift-tab to reverse indent). So select your text, hit tab, and the block will indent over. Nice.

2. So, I love the method display for a CFC, but found it annoying that it went away when I switched from my CFC to the template actually using it. I then noticed there was a "pin" option that would make the method display stick. Nice (again).

Comment 1 by Rob Brooks-Bilson posted on 12/24/2004 at 1:20 AM

Man, I laughed my butt off. Some of those santas had me wondering whether they looked more like santa or satan!

Comment 2 by Rob Brooks-Bilson posted on 12/24/2004 at 1:25 AM

Ahh crap - too many Firefox windows open - should have been in your other blog post on the screaming kids and santa pics!

Comment 3 by Paul posted on 12/24/2004 at 2:16 AM

Hey have you figured out how to develop on a black background with white text? That always stumped me and kept me from using this product

Comment 4 by Jake posted on 12/24/2004 at 5:05 AM

I'm finding the bookmarking functionality to be amazingly helpful.

Comment 5 by Kola Oyedeji posted on 12/24/2004 at 1:24 PM

Paul

You should be able to change the colours by going to
-> windows -> preferences -> CFeclipse -> CFML colours

However the colour combination you suggested doesn't appear to work, this may be a bug.

Comment 6 by Spike posted on 12/24/2004 at 9:58 PM

Paul,

It looks like you've uncovered a bug in the color options. The Default Text color option doesn't seem to be getting picked up.

I'll try to make sure this is fixed in the next nightly release.

Comment 7 by Himanshu posted on 3/5/2005 at 3:26 AM

Other than the features that have been mentioned by Raymond, the CFEclipse provides many more features which are worth noticing.
I along with my team are using CFEclipse for working on ColdFusion. The nightly releases are really worked upon and the hard work can be seen in that.