So, first off, I apologize for the lack of technical posts lately. I’ve been buried in a .Net project that isn’t very fun. (This is not a reflection on .Net, just the project itself.) As you may know, I’ve written a few articles recently on DevNet concerning RSS parsing. Roger Benningfield wrote some good criticism of my work, and since them I’ve been working on a more formal, cleaned up version of my RSS code.
- Identifying an RSS feed. It can tell you the type and version.
- Getting entries from an RSS feed.
- Getting "meta" info for a RSS feed. By "meta" info I just mean the top level information about the feed.
Right now it supports RSS 0.91, 0.92, 1.0, 2.0 and Atom 0.3. What is left to do?
- Generate feeds (of course)
- Deal with the funky timestamps
- Update RSSWatcher so it uses this CFC. </ul> As always, comments and suggestions are welcome. The code is, as always, free, but I'm more then welcome to accept bribes or other payment for enhancements.