So, first off, I apologize for the lack of technical posts lately. I've been buried in a .Net project that isn't very fun. (This is not a reflection on .Net, just the project itself.) As you may know, I've written a few articles recently on DevNet concerning RSS parsing. Roger Benningfield wrote some good criticism of my work, and since them I've been working on a more formal, cleaned up version of my RSS code.
- Identifying an RSS feed. It can tell you the type and version.
- Getting entries from an RSS feed.
- Getting "meta" info for a RSS feed. By "meta" info I just mean the top level information about the feed.
Right now it supports RSS 0.91, 0.92, 1.0, 2.0 and Atom 0.3. What is left to do?
- Generate feeds (of course)
- Deal with the funky timestamps
- Update RSSWatcher so it uses this CFC.
As always, comments and suggestions are welcome. The code is, as always, free, but I'm more then welcome to accept bribes or other payment for enhancements.