A client came to me today with a wierd problem. There were trying to run a simple custom tag using cfmodule and a mapping, but for some reason, the custom tag could not be found.
So, the first thing I did was verify the folder specified in the mappings in the CF admin. This was set perfectly. For the heck of it, I then tried using the ServiceFactory to get the mapping. When I ran directoryExists() on the value, however, it returned false. At this point, I was going crazy. When all of a sudden I noticed something.
There was a space in front of the folder name. It was next to impossible to see - but once I did, it was completely obvious. I'm guessing the CF Admin should probably call trim() on folders when you create a mapping.