Blog 3.5.2 Released

This release updates the Commenting feature to allow you to subscribe (or not) to a thread. My "auto-signup" tended to piss a few people off, so I figured it was time to get off my butt and get it coded.

The way subscriptions work now is - when you post a comment, you are asked if you want to subscribe. This defaults to false. If you click the checkbox, you will get any further posts to the thread.

The code is anal in assuming you don't want emails. If you post once, and say you want to subscribe, then post again, and don't click the checkbox, it will ensure that you do not get email from further posts. In other words, it updates your earlier subscription and sets it to false.

I tested this... although not as great as I should have. If you find any issues, let me know.

Edited: The db scripts do NOT contain the code to auto add the admin/admin user. I will add that later.

Comment 1 by tony petruzzi posted on 10/15/2004 at 3:41 PM

Perfect!!!

Comment 2 by Andy Allan posted on 10/15/2004 at 4:44 PM

Bah! I'm still using 3.0 ... I really need to get around to upgrading, but that's my fault :)

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/15/2004 at 5:42 PM

Comment 4 by Pete posted on 10/15/2004 at 6:14 PM

Ray, are you planning on implementing the ability to include images in a post (regular post, not comments) as well as text formatting?

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 10/15/2004 at 7:14 PM

There are no restrictions on HTML for blog entries, so I don't really see the point of this. I've done entries with images before. Now, you -do- have to upload it manually outside the editor.

Comment 6 by Can Atak posted on 11/15/2004 at 3:15 PM

I am trying to run first time BlogCFC on a Blackstone server witz Access DB but I get always data source error.

Of course I have tested DB with another code and it is working withoput any problem.

I have edited INI file and Application.cfm etc. but I do not know what is the reason of this problem.

Any idea?

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/15/2004 at 5:13 PM

What error do you get exactly? Can you confirm the DNS verifies?

Comment 8 by Can Atak posted on 11/16/2004 at 12:55 PM

Of course I have checked DSN and it works with a simple SQL statement.

Here is the error.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Data source cfcblog could not be found.

The error occurred in C:\WebRoot\org\camden\blog\blog.cfc: line 426

426 : <cfquery datasource="#instance.dsn#" name="days">
427 : select distinct
428 : <cfif instance.blogDBType is "MSSQL">
...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment 9 by Raymond Camden posted on 11/16/2004 at 3:32 PM

Can, notice the error though. "Data source cfblog could not be found." Did you name your DSN cfblog? It seems like you did not.

Comment 10 by O?uz Demirkap? posted on 1/7/2005 at 2:39 AM

When we use any international language such as Turkish with unicode support, comment e-mails has problem with chars.

I have just changed blog.cfc on line 787 and add charset="utf-8" into cfmail tag and it works now without any problem.