I'm not getting old - the Net is getting smaller...

Is it just me - or should I be worried when...

• I know the keyboard shortcut to increase text size in Firefox.
  • The first thing I do when opening a PDF is up the zoom.
  • The first thing I do when opening up a Word doc is up the zoom.
  • Sometimes I lose the cursor. Or the cursor hides from me. That must be it.
I refuse to believe my eyes are getting weaker. It must be the Internet's fault!

Comment 1 by JesterXL posted on 7/22/2004 at 12:22 AM

Verdana 6 point baby! Or mini 7 @ 10... WHaasuuuup. How many letters am I writing up?

Comment 2 by David posted on 7/22/2004 at 8:12 AM

I feel the same way. In my case I think it has something to do with progressively more dense displays. I remember way back when 1024 x 768 seemed like a lot of screen real estate. Now I've got 1600x1200 pixels crammed into a 15" LCD. My next laptop will undoubtedly be more dense! Squinting.

Comment 3 by Keith Peters posted on 7/22/2004 at 3:04 PM

Haha. I've been doing a lot of thinking on those exact four points! And I thought it was just me. There's no way we can both be losing our sight. Must be the net.

Comment 4 by Ian Winter posted on 7/22/2004 at 3:10 PM

Worried about the first point, you've put "kewboard" and not "keyboard", think you might need a bigger one of them as well :)

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 7/22/2004 at 3:38 PM

Oops. Fixed. :)

Comment 6 by Sandy Clark posted on 7/22/2004 at 4:28 PM

Which is why we should all be designing our sites to make sure Ray can enlarge them. em's and %'s baby!

(Sorry Ray couldn't help but plug accessibility here, we are getting older, the font's are getting smaller and some 21 year old with perfect eye sight shouldn't detail how much I have to squint to read content!)

Sandy

Comment 7 by Sandy Clark posted on 7/22/2004 at 5:16 PM

Sandy

Comment 8 by Jeff Wilkinson posted on 7/24/2004 at 1:08 AM

it's a new virus, yeah, that's it... some script-kiddie hacker from bulgaria made the text on your PC too small ;-)

Comment 9 by Adrian Lynch posted on 8/13/2004 at 11:39 PM

Shhhhhhhhhh, not so loud Ray, I've seen your picture, you're not so old, but the others around here, they're really knocking on a bit ;O)