Finished Star Wars: KOTOR

Well, I finally finished Knights of the Old Republic this weekend. (With three kids, it takes a long time for me to finish games.) All I can say is.... wow. This is the second Bioware game I've played (the first being Neverwinter Nights) and once again I am incredibly impressed. KOTOR had a great engine (which was pretty simular to NWN) and a great story, something you don't always see in Star Wars games. If you haven't picked up these games I'd highly recommend them. I'm defintely looking forward to Jade Empire and Dragon Age.

p.s. For those who have played KOTOR and are curious, I played Dark Side. Really, really dark side. Being good is just too boring. ;)

Comment 1 by Craig M. Rosenblum posted on 6/1/2004 at 4:26 PM

I just got it myself.

I love the game, and i tend to prefer playing on the light side.

Give me two lightsabers in either hand, and evil beware!

Comment 2 by Brian Sweeney posted on 6/2/2004 at 3:55 AM

I finished the game about a week ago and was playing it more neutral (picking evil choices then going back to good). My attributes didn't advance very far doing that so I had to cheat a few times to get out of some ruff spots. I thought Bioware did an awesome job too. Why they aren't doing the squeal is beyond me.

Comment 3 by BlogFusion posted on 6/3/2004 at 6:42 PM

Does the game get better after the first level? I started playing it while doing other stuff and couldn't get it to hold my attention. It's the first time I've played a game with that style of play too.

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/3/2004 at 6:46 PM

I was pretty hooked from the beginning, but you defintely have to like it's style. I really, really can't recommend it enough, BlogFusion. I'd maybe give it two more hours of your life before you give up on it. :)

Comment 5 by BlogFusion posted on 6/3/2004 at 6:49 PM

Alright, based on your recommendation, I'll give it another whack.

Man, there are simply TOO many great games out there right now, and my computer is getting too slow! Between Call of Duty, Star Wars Galaxies, Battlefield: Vietnam, Halo, KOTOR, City of Heroes.... the list goes on... I just can't handle it!

Comment 6 by Dan G. Switzer, II posted on 6/6/2004 at 5:56 AM

I just picked up Far Cry (http://farcry.ubi.com/) a couple of weeks ago. What an amazing game. The AI is really incredible. You can download a demo from UBI's website. The game actually is one of the first FPS I've seen which actually has an impressive single player game play. The enemies will really work as a team, and it's neat to watch them spread out over an area trying to locate you.

Comment 7 by Raymond Camden posted on 6/7/2004 at 3:27 PM

Dan, I just started playing Far Cry a few days ago, and I agree, the AI is _very_ sweet. Plus, it's fun to play a shooter that is (somewhat) realistic (i.e., no plasma guns, etc.)

Comment 8 by Dan G. Switzer, II posted on 6/7/2004 at 3:41 PM

The physics are really amazing too. If you haven't done so already, just spend some time pushing barrels into the water or exploding things up. I've been most impressed by the physics of their water--plus it's just way cool swimming under water and seeing the underwater life.

Just wait until you get to the trigens, there's a few of them that are tough little buggers.

Comment 9 by Craig M. Rosenblum posted on 6/7/2004 at 4:44 PM

Kotor just rocks, I love the two lightsaber approach.

Especially once you get on the Ebon Hawk.

Visiting Dantoinne is not bad either.

Wait until you get to the Leviathan...

Cheats are not bad either..