Ben Forta blogged today about an extension to Dreamweaver that allows you to start/stop ColdFusion via the editor and not the Services tool. This of course spurred me to post about how you can do it via HS+/CFStudio.
- Simply right click on your tool bar and select Customize.
- Select Add Custom Button.
- Select Launch an external application.
- For Filename, use c:\windows\system32\net.exe (your Windows directory may be different).
- For Command Line, use stop "ColdFusion MX Application Server"
- Lastly, for Button Hint use "Stop ColdFusion"
Repeat and switch stop for start in both the command line and button hint. If you want one button instead of two, I believe the only option is to write a simple .bat file and call that. While you can execute multiple commands at one time via the command line (x & y), I couldn't get HS+ to accept this sytle for one button.