Merry Christmas

The title says it all. This has, obviously, been somewhat of a quiet week for me on the blog. Work has been pretty quiet as well. We have a major milestone due, but my part the last few days has been limited so I've been focusing on learning ASP.Net and C# (more on that next year). I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I can tell already the best part will be when my kids start going crazy around sundown tonight.

Comment 1 by Mike Kollen posted on 12/30/2003 at 1:57 PM

Hi Ray,

Being the ColdFusion Jedi Master, can you provide any hints as why? I have been doing the same thing lately. I am learning C# because I have a Flash Remoting project that requires it. Secondly, I am comparing Java to C#.

Regards,

Mike

Comment 2 by wang posted on 12/30/2003 at 7:29 PM

www

Comment 3 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/31/2003 at 5:38 PM

I just like C#, at least what I see so far. I don't know if it is better than Java, but I'm feeling a better "groove" with it if that makes sense.

Comment 4 by Mike Kollen posted on 12/31/2003 at 5:55 PM

Hi Ray,

Sure, that makes sense. What have you discovered about using C# using ColdFusion? How can interact the best? Web Services is certainly on the list. Can you write CFX tags with C#?

Comment 5 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/31/2003 at 5:59 PM

I haven't even gotten close to the point where I can write a WS in C#. As for CFX tags, I believe Montarra Software (spelling may be off) sells something called BlackKnight which lets you use C# CFX tags in CF. (Please note I'm only unsure of the spelling, product name, I KNOW they did release such a product.)

Comment 6 by AJ posted on 1/3/2004 at 6:36 AM

FWIW, writing a webservice in C# is relatively simple if you know how to write a class:
<code>
&lt;%@ WebService Language="C#" class="TestService" %&gt;
using System;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Services;
[WebService(Namespace="urn:myserver/soap:MyService")]
public class TestService : WebService{
[WebMethod]
public string HelloWorld(string yourName) {
return "Hello " + yourName + "!";
}
}

Also note that you could conceivably write a C# class and use it just like you would a COM object, although I haven't tried it.

hth,