Yet Another Blog Update

Well, the 3.0 RC is code-ready. I just made the last code changes (see below) which now only leaves the documentation. My goal is to have it ready for XMas (the RC of course, not the final release).

I have not updated the zip yet, but the changes include:

• The addComment method no longer sends email. I created a separate method, notifyEntry, that sends email to an entry (which basically means send email to everyone who commented).
  • Because the mail code now gets called from the client, we can localize the email. At this point, all text should be localized.
  • One thing that bugs me - whenever I get email from an older entry, I have to use the search tool to find it. Now all emails will contain the URL of the entry that was commented on.

Comment 1 by William posted on 12/15/2003 at 5:38 PM

i love what you're doing and how it looks on this end of your blog, but i'm even more anxious to see what it looks like on the other side.

so when will you have the zip ready?

Comment 2 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/15/2003 at 5:48 PM

The zip for 3.0 RC will be ready by... and this is NOT a promise... the end of the week.

Comment 3 by PaulH posted on 12/15/2003 at 5:57 PM

glad to see you're taking this globalization thing to heart. great work, ray. this is turning into a kick-ass app. i'll be glad to be rid of blogspot ;-)

Comment 4 by RandyD posted on 12/15/2003 at 7:22 PM

Hey, excellent work, as always!

Any chance we can bundle one of the freeware form based html editors for admin posting and editing? I have worked in the free lite version of SOeditor (http://www.siteobjects.com/... into the last version of the blog code. I got the idea from the FarCry CMS... they bundle the free one with their software.

Just a thought... if not, i can add it back myself.

Comment 5 by Leif Wells posted on 12/15/2003 at 10:40 PM

RandyD said "Any chance we can bundle one of the freeware form based html editors for admin posting and editing?"

I was looking at that myself. I'd love to see the editor in a future build.

Ray -- let me know how I can assist with the documentation!

Leif

Comment 6 by Mellanie posted on 12/16/2003 at 2:03 PM

I like this font!!

Thank you for your helping.

I would like to change the position of "cancle" and "Post" buttons on this page.

Comment 7 by johnb posted on 12/16/2003 at 7:54 PM

just converted my blog over to this too - it's a neat app Ray! What happened to the colour coding idea? That'll be great for the odd code snippets,

Comment 8 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/17/2003 at 12:50 AM

johnb - look on the main blog page, there are examples of the auto-code formatting.

Comment 9 by frank posted on 7/1/2004 at 6:07 PM

I just downloaded your App and ready to start using it. After being at the last CFUN, I cannot help but to say that I will recommend that my company standardizes on Coldfusion and get rid of our Oracle frontend Apps.

Thanks for all your effort.

Frank