My new toy: Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

Well, after waiting for a few weeks, my new MP3 player (err, my FIRST MP3 player), the Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra, arrived yesterday via UPS. So far, I'm pretty darn happy. The sound quality is excellent, even with the ear buds, and it's even better with the nicer Sony headphones I had in my office. The UI is a bit tricky at first, but I think I will get used to it. I also had a few quirks transferring files, but now things seem ok. (I'm got about 60% of my 40+ gigs already transferred.) Sometime later I'll test it in the car with the radio broadcaster and see how nice it works.

Comment 1 by Rich Z posted on 12/2/2003 at 6:32 PM

I have the Nomad Zen NX (without the "EXTRA" :P). A GREAT software add-on is the Notmad Explorer - very cool drag/drop capability - plus tons of other stuff (well worth $25).

Comment 2 by Sebastian Pfeiffer posted on 12/3/2003 at 11:32 AM

Mine arrived on monday. ;-)

Comment 3 by Josh Trefethen posted on 12/14/2003 at 7:28 AM

I almost have one too. I had a very bad experience ordering with creative (http://cfresellers.com/blog.... So I just ordered one from amazon...should arrive Monday! I got the 60 Gb version though...I have at least that many songs already...so it should be good. Have you used the notmad software? wondering if it is worth it compared to the software that comes bundled.

Comment 4 by Raymond Camden posted on 12/15/2003 at 5:10 PM

People have recommended it, but I haven't tried it yet. Basically I just dumped my entire 40 gig collection on it and that was fine. Soon I'm going to start making basic playlists, but for right now, my needs are simple.

Comment 5 by harold horn posted on 11/17/2005 at 12:10 AM

jarred my mp3 creative zen xtra. telephone tech. support is fake . only refers you you web site and e-mail .cannot get creative to repair at any price. if you need repairs throw it out.
harold

Comment 6 by Ray Kope posted on 8/22/2006 at 9:06 PM

HAY! Thought I found a great MP3 for a second until I tried for tech support and found out creative has creatated a monopoly they won't sell any parts and won't help with anything