Useful Hint for Dealing with Tomcat Issues

This post is more than 2 years old.

So, I'm still kinda new at this Java thing. I'm working on my first real JSP based web site, and ran into a problem that I couldn't fix today. The only change I had made in the past week was to update the Java SDK from 1.3.x to 1.4.x. What I forgot - though - was that I had many JSP files already compiled by Tomcat. My coworker AJ pointed out that I should delete the compiled files in my work directory. So - I did that - and restarted - and it worked perfectly. I also remember this suggestion from others in the past.

So - in the hopes of helping others, I'm passing it on here.

Raymond Camden's Picture

About Raymond Camden

Raymond is a developer advocate for HERE Technologies. He focuses on JavaScript, serverless and enterprise cat demos. If you like this article, please consider visiting my Amazon Wishlist or donating via PayPal to show your support. You can even buy me a coffee!

Lafayette, LA