This post is more than 2 years old.
As always - just passing it along...
University of Maryland Career Center & The President's Promise
Web Services Developer
About the Position:
The Web Developer supports the Center’s web environment through installation and configuration of web applications and their data management requirements. Under limited supervision from the Information Systems Manager, the Web Developer provides complex web design and support to internal and external clients.
- Manage and develop the Marketing, Assessment, and Programs system (MAP), an in-house system that allows the Center to easily track, organize and market programs as well as outreaches and career appointments. It is also our web content management system. MAP is primarily written in Adobe ColdFusion.
- Create new and innovative functions in the Center’s websites, www.Careers.umd.edu and www.PresidentsPromise.umd.edu.
- Administer databases.
- Work with the Information Systems Manager to create policies and procedures relating to the IT infrastructure.
- Provide help desk support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: A Bachelor’s degree plus one year of relevant full-time work experience. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the degree. Candidate must possess superior coding skills (HTML and CSS) and extensive experience with developing and modifying web sites. Candidate must also possess hands-on experience with SQL programming and familiarity with web server configuration and implementation. Knowledge of relational database concepts is also required. Strong interpersonal and excellent verbal skills are essential for communicating with both tech and nontech staff. Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
$55,000-$60,000 commensurate with experience. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package,
To see the full position announcement, please go to the link below or copy and paste it into your browser:
To apply for this position, please go to the link below or copy and paste it into your browser: