This post is more than 2 years old.
As before, I'm just passing it on, but I'm so happy to see cool tech jobs in beautiful Lafayette, LA.
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE), the leading educator in game development, 3D animation and VFX, is looking for an experienced game programmer to deliver our courses in Professional Game Development (Game Programming) at our Lafayette campus.
Our courses are strongly practical and intensive and focus on the core skills required by game programmers. The successful applicant will develop, update and deliver the course content, administer course requirements, and provide assessment and direction over the school year. Teaching experience is great, but not necessary. Strong communication skills, a team oriented attitude and commercial games programming development experience are essential.
The successful applicant will be working within a supportive and highly skilled team, across all campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering the course content for our courses using a combination of lecture style sessions and practice tutorials
- Planning, creation and development of new course materials
- Reviewing, as part of a team, current curriculum and updating as required
- Advising and assisting students on both programming and technical issues
- Monitoring student progress including attendance, course competencies, informal and formal assessment
- Evaluating student course work in both practical and theory exercises
- Detailed, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++ and C# for game programming and the application of middleware
- Ability to keep knowledge current with industry standards and further own learning as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Prior teaching experience an advantage
- Formal qualification in a relevant area
This position is preferred full time, but permanent part time will be considered (min. 3 days per week) for the right applicant. Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
Please send resumes to email@example.com