My name is Raymond Camden. I’m a 42 year old married father of six living in beautiful Lafayette, Louisiana. I am a developer advocate for IBM. My primary technical focus is on the MobileFirst platform, web standards and client-side development. Most of my time is spent writing, researching, or presenting. When I’m not behind a computer, I’m an avid XBox/PS4 player, enjoy movies, and read like crazy.
I’ve been lucky to have been invited to speak at many conferences over the years. If you would like me to speak at your conference or organization, please contact me. I can cover pretty much any topic you see my blog about, but feel free to request just about anything. I love presenting on topics I’m not yet familiar with as it gives me a chance to learn something new.
I’m somewhat of a Star Wars nerd – but don’t tell anyone else I told you that.
I have not done a great job of tracking my various articles on other web sites, but I hope to correct that now. Consider the list below a beginning (as of July 2013) and certainly not a complete list.
- Advanced Image Editing in the Browser for the Telerik Developer Network
- A Review of ContentTools – a Rich Content Editor for the Telerik Developer Network
- Merging Dynamic and Static Sites for the Telerik Developer Network
- The Epic, Awesome & Supremely Useful Data Attribute for the Telerik Developer Network
- Easy and Shareable Local Web Servers with Fenix for Flippin’ Awesome
- Using the HTML5 Gamepad API to Add Controller Support to Browser Games for Game Tuts
- Working with Intl for Nettuts+
- Expose Yourself with ngrok for Flippin’ Awesome
- HTML out of the Browser for Mozilla Hacks
- Debugging with Firefox DevTools for Nettuts+
- Creating Brackets Extensions for Nettuts+
- An Overview of Mobile Debugging – Part 2 for DZone
- Working with IndexedDB – Part 3 for Nettuts+
- Moving to Static and Keeping Your Toys for flippin’ awesome
- An Overview of Mobile Debugging Techniques – Part One for DZone
- Deeper in the Brackets Editor for Nettuts+
- Working with IndexedDB – Part 2 for Nettuts+
- New Linting API for the Brackets blog
- Working With IndexedDB for Nettuts+
- Working with jQuery Mobile Panels for DZone
- Going Live with Node for Nettuts+
- Introduction to Express for Nettuts+
My book on Apache Cordova:
My jQuery Mobile book (second edition):
My latest book on ColdFusion:
ColdFusion 9 Books:
Here are the older versions for ColdFusion 8:
The ColdFusion 7 Web Application Construction Kit. I was a co-author to the first book and a contributing author to the second book.
The first set of books I was involved with was the “Mastering ColdFusion” series by Sybex. I was both a contributing author for the first few books and then a co-author for the last set.
I was the lead author for the ColdFusion Developer’s Handbook. This is one of the books I’m most proud of. It was a book for folks who already know ColdFusion and wanted to cover topics to help them develop more advanced, feature-rich sites.
Spectra was a CMS created by Allaire/Macromedia. I used to be on the product team and was one of the main authors of this book.