Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

No more job openings...

09-03-2013 3,116 views Misc 11 Comments

I don't typically blog about "editorial decisions", but I thought I'd put this out there in case I'm really wrong about it. I've decided to no longer post job openings on my blog. On one hand it was easy enough to just cut and paste and I like the idea of helping folks find jobs, but on the other hand... I just don't want to post them anymore here. There's other places to do so (and I'd be glad to hear people discuss where and how they search for jobs), but I think simple postings just don't make sense on this blog.

So yeah - that's my decision. Feel free to argue about it over lunch. :)

11 Comments

• Dinesh #
    Commented on 09-03-2013 at 12:35 PM
    Well personally I do not think it will affect me in any way (you don't post India job anyway), but if there isn't any particular issue, you should continue with it. Such is your standing and following in community that prospective employers (and most of them already complain that there aren't any cf developers), find it easier to send the job to you and get better notice/responses. Bigger companies pay big bucks and get moe experienced, bigger developers. Small companies can't pay that much money, not to candidate nor to recruiters. Hence who is at loss? Upcoming developers. And then we talk about making the community large!
  • Commented on 09-03-2013 at 11:41 PM
    Personally I think Blogs are not the place to put Jobs, twitter and other macro services I can understand. But a blog about a job that can sit there months or even years after the job has come and gone, just seems wrong to me.
  • Matt W #
    Commented on 09-04-2013 at 3:52 AM
    Please consider referring the employer to the CF jobs email list.
  • Commented on 09-04-2013 at 4:59 AM
    @MattW: Good idea.
  • Commented on 09-05-2013 at 9:23 AM
    What is the link for the CF Jobs e-mail list?
  • Commented on 09-05-2013 at 9:36 AM
    Here ya go: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-jobs/
  • Gary #
    Commented on 09-05-2013 at 8:02 PM
    Ray,
    I can look at houseoffusion should I need to but I do not remember ever seeing anything current there.

For all you do, I definitely wouldn't criticize you for not posting them. No way, no how.

Yet I think there are a good thing and they add to your site. It seems simple enough to post them and they're easily ignored just like any topic.

So you have two full votes for reconsidering and only one against!
  • Gary #
    Commented on 09-05-2013 at 8:15 PM
    Not to pile on or show undue lack of empathy :) but

houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-jobs/ just threw this from JRun :

503
    Request timed out waiting to execute

(it finally came up)
  • prabakaran #
    Commented on 09-06-2013 at 6:04 AM
    hey...what happened to you....?
    i m your unknown friend from INDIA....
    its not a good idea man...help others...its my kind request...
    post jobs to help job seekers....
  • Commented on 09-06-2013 at 6:06 AM
    Err, what makes you think something happened to me?
  • prabakaran #
    Commented on 09-11-2013 at 2:51 AM
    hmmm, that u have decided to no longer post job openings on your blog.

Post Reply