Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

Free ColdFusion 10 and jQuery Mobile Tutorial

03-12-2013 4,941 views Mobile, JavaScript, ColdFusion 12 Comments

Thanks to reader Mikel Shilling for pointing this out to me. The most excellent (as Bill would say) folks at FigLeaf have released a free ColdFusion 10 and jQuery Mobile tutorial. You can download the bits here:

Objectives for the course are:

• Define and use AJAX/JSON(P) web services using ColdFusion 10
  • Define and use REST web services using ColdFusion 10
  • Using REST services with jQuery Mobile
  • Implement real-time communications with HTML5 web sockets

12 Comments

• Edward Rynearson #
    Commented on 03-12-2013 at 7:28 PM
    Perfect timing
  • Commented on 03-15-2013 at 11:10 AM
    I'm currently looking at ColdFusion, never used it before as I've always hand-coded using powerful editors like EditPlus and Dreamweaver.
  • Commented on 03-15-2013 at 11:12 AM
    Ah cool - nice to meet someone just starting CF. Most of my readers have been using it a while I think. :)
  • Andy Idema #
    Commented on 04-09-2013 at 2:56 PM
    I've been going through this tute and it isn't quite working as advertised. Anyone else having issues with retrieving data in the walk9_2 section?
  • Commented on 04-10-2013 at 7:48 AM
    Andy, I don't work for FigLeaf, but I pinged my contact there.
  • Andy Idema #
    Commented on 04-10-2013 at 8:11 AM
    Yea my bad. I contacted them as well. I'm sure it's user error (usually is). :)
  • Andy Idema #
    Commented on 05-02-2013 at 7:26 AM
    I used FigLeaf's tute on REST and JQM and now my CF Admin won't start and displays an error referencing JAX-RS. I found this bug: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&... but without access to the CF Admin I'm not sure how to delete the rest services. Any clues?
  • Commented on 05-02-2013 at 9:32 AM
    I'm sorry, but it looks like there is no fix for this. That is completely crazy imo. I'll raise a red flag on this. I can't promise anything though. You may have to re-install CF.
  • Commented on 05-02-2013 at 9:43 AM
    Andy, we may have a fix for you. Thanks for this suggestion comes from Andy Cameron. In your cfinstall/cfusion/lib folder, you will find many neo-*.xml files. Application settings are stored here. Find

neo-jaxrs.xml

Make a back up copy.
    Open it up, and find the XML that defined the 'bad' one, it may look like this:

<var name='/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/democode_web/'>
       <string>RestPreso2</string>
    </var>

Remove it. You may also want to change this:

<array length='2'>

such that array length goes from N to N-1.

Oh, stop CF before you do this, and start it after.

This MAY work. Again, backup that XML before you even look at it.
  • Commented on 05-02-2013 at 9:54 AM
    Don't forget to VOTE for these bugs that trip you up, guys. Adobe do pay attention more to bugs with more votes.

Adam
  • Andy Idema #
    Commented on 05-02-2013 at 12:08 PM
    Wow thanks guys. That's a relief. I executed the steps and got the CF Admin running. I also updated the bugbase and voted for the bug.
  • Commented on 05-02-2013 at 12:56 PM