Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

Snipex Code Released - CFLib Available in Eclipse

07-11-2007 7,246 views 34 Comments

Mark Drew has released the code for SnipEx. This allows anyone to setup a Snippets server for Eclipse. How is this useful? You can now browse the entire CFLib library directly from Eclipse. No more need to ignore my annoying ads. Just add:

As a SnipEx server. I noticed that the node shows up blank, but when you expand it, you will see all the CFEclipse Libraries and UDFs. You can then click for a description or double click to insert a UDF. How freaking cool is that?

I'm going to be doing a bit of work on the XML when I can. I noticed the libraries are not sorted so I'll try to fix that.

34 Comments

• Commented on 07-11-2007 at 11:52 AM
    Ray,

You say,"Just add: http://www.cflib.org/snipex/snipex.cfc";, but you don't say where to add it.
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 11:58 AM
    Chris: See Mark's post that Ray linked to.
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 1:21 PM
    I just update the CFEclipse wiki with some info:

• Commented on 07-11-2007 at 1:24 PM
    I don't get it. How do you see "CFLib" in the UI and I don't? I mean it works and all, but my node is blank.
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 1:29 PM
    Ray, I had to restart CFEclipse before I saw anything...
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 1:33 PM
    Nope. I just restarted. To be clear, I have a connection to CFLib, I can browse the libs just fine. Its just that top level node is still blank. It has no label.
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 2:01 PM
    @Todd: Thanks man, I can't believe I missed that. I also missed that this was a 1.3.1.5 thing. Color me stupid. :o/ Well, it's a good thing it made me get off my lazy duff and install the newest CFE.

Cheers!
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 2:08 PM
    @Ray - have you tried removing the SnipEx URL, restarting and trying again? I imagine it's pulling that from the XML:

(snipex createdAt="" id="" name="CFLib" updatedAt="")

Or maybe it's a Mac thing? I'm on WinXP?

I noticed it doesn't show up in this screenshot on Mark Drew's site:
  • Robb #
    Commented on 07-11-2007 at 3:14 PM
    CFEclipse SnipEx server location works CFlib.org doesn't.
    CFEclipse 1.3.1.5 and eclipse 3.3 getting a Null argument error.
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 3:18 PM
    I'm afraid you may need to hit Mark for this. Outside of the blank label it is working fine for me. :(
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 3:57 PM
    @Ray - I don't seem to be getting all of the udf's in the lib. For instance the String Library only shows a handful (around six) udfs.

Is that the way it's supposed to be?
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 4:12 PM
    -sigh-

Blame the darn XMLFormat bug. There is a "high" character that is being ignored by XMLFormat, and therefore breaking the XML. This is one bug that didn't get fixed in CF8 that I really wished they would have fixed. :(
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 4:38 PM
    oh. Sorry. I didn't mean to pour salt in an old wound. ;o)
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 5:29 PM
    Yeah I'm at a point where I'm pulling my hair out. :(
  • Commented on 07-11-2007 at 10:10 PM
    The XML is fixed now, however, I only see a few entries in StrLib. When I view the XML directly, I see a butt load. Going to bug Mark on this.
  • Commented on 07-12-2007 at 3:22 PM
    I can browse just fine but when I double-click one to add it, all of the HTML characters are in their entity notations (e.g. < >). Very cool though!
  • Commented on 07-12-2007 at 3:56 PM
    Should be fixed now. You need to go into your workspace folder, .metadata/.plugins/.org.cfeclipse.cfml/snipex, and remove the XML and restart Eclipse.
  • Commented on 07-12-2007 at 5:48 PM
    Yup, working like a charm! Thanks Ray!
  • Jason #
    Commented on 07-16-2007 at 7:13 AM
    Ray, it appears that library id 5 has some xml formatting issues.

Just wanted to bring it your your attention if you were not aware ;). Also thanks for making this available.
  • Commented on 07-16-2007 at 8:26 AM
    Should be fixed now, but you will need to clear your SNipEx cache. I'm about to post a new blog entry on how to do that.
  • Jason #
    Commented on 07-16-2007 at 8:30 AM
    Yep, works like a charm! Thanks Ray!
  • Commented on 03-20-2009 at 1:53 PM
    It seems that the cflib DSN no longer exists:

Datasource cflib could not be found.

Resources:

Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debug Output Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
    Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
    * Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009030422 Ubuntu/8.10 (intrepid) Firefox/3.0.7
    Remote Address    130.71.136.59
    Referrer    http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2007/7/11/...
    Date/Time    20-Mar-09 02:53 PM
  • Commented on 03-20-2009 at 1:58 PM
    I recently moved servers and forgot to set this DSN up. I'll fix it soon.
  • Commented on 03-20-2009 at 2:09 PM
    Fixed.
  • Commented on 07-14-2009 at 9:31 AM
    Ray,
    This is fabulous but I can't get the UtilityLib to load anything after the Magic8Ball. I cleared my SnipEx cache and reloaded the SnipEx code and still no luck.
  • Commented on 07-14-2009 at 10:12 AM
    Not sure what to suggest. I viewed the info directly in my browser, http://www.cflib.org/snipex/snipex.cfc?method=getl..., and didn't see anything amiss. May want to ping the CFEclipse folks - I'm a purely ColdFusion Builder guy now. ;)
  • Commented on 07-14-2009 at 10:13 AM
    You can browse CFLib via ColdFusionBuilder now:

• Commented on 07-14-2009 at 10:16 AM
    Oh snap - I see a funky char in the UDF description. I'll edit the baby out and it should fix it for you.
  • Commented on 07-14-2009 at 10:17 AM
    It should work better for you now - may want to clear your cache though.
  • Commented on 07-14-2009 at 10:53 AM
    Thanks, Ray. It makes it all the way to SiNo now. Better, but I think there are some more after that.

Would love to use ColdFusion Builder but I can't seem to get it to wrap source code. I don't like horizontal scrolling when I code and some code can't be broken across several lines manually.
  • Commented on 07-18-2009 at 3:37 PM
    Check Terry Ryan's blog, I believe he posted this tip.

Here ya go: http://www.terrenceryan.com/blog/index.cfm/2009/7/...
  • Mitch McKenzie #
    Commented on 10-21-2011 at 11:55 AM
    I receive an error when I attempt to run this plugin:

Error Occurred While Processing Request
    Invalid CFML construct found on line 160 at column 25.
    ColdFusion was looking at the following text:
    for

The CFML compiler was processing:

A script statement beginning with for on line 160, column 25.
    A script statement beginning with { on line 157, column 65.
    A script statement beginning with for on line 157, column 17.
    A script statement beginning with public on line 147, column 9.

The error occurred in C:\ColdFusion9\wwwroot\CFLib Browser\handlers\components\builderHelper.cfc: line 160

158 :          var fieldOb = tableOb.field[x];
    159 :          var field = {};
    160 :          for(var key in fieldOb.xmlAttributes) {
    161 :             field[key] = fieldOb.xmlAttributes[key];
    162 :          }
  • Commented on 10-21-2011 at 1:12 PM
    Are you running 901 or just 9?
  • Mitch McKenzie #
    Commented on 10-21-2011 at 4:05 PM
    I upgraded to 9.01 and that fixed the issue. Thanks Ray.

Post Reply