Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

PhoneGap Day US and EU Announced

07-22-2014 3,322 views Mobile 6 Comments

For a few years now the PhoneGap team have been running a one day conference called PhoneGap Day. This is easily one of my favorite conferences. It has a very laid back vibe. The sessions are short and sweet (20 minutes or so a pop). The schwag is actually useful. Out of all the conferences I attend, this one just feels the most relaxed, fun, and educational as well.

This year PhoneGap Day will be held in San Francisco on October 24th and Berlin on September 26th. As before, there will be full day workshops on the day before. For more information, visit the web page: http://pgday.phonegap.com/

Want to speak? The call for speakers is open as well. I've submitted one topic and plan on submitting another.

6 Comments

• Dawesi #
    Commented on 07-24-2014 at 6:45 PM
    Great to see a asia getting a mention again! #ignoranceisbliss

You know the part of the world with HALF the population of the world!

We all know Adobe doesn't want to come here as they might get asked about the 30-50% surcharge for not being Americans (racist Adobe)... oh and they have no idea about Asian, or Australian culture anyway (where people give a damn about each other)

Adobe is so irelevant, they need to rebrand and sack management.
  • Commented on 07-24-2014 at 8:54 PM
    Seriously, "racist Adobe" - your comment loses all credibility with crap like that.

You aren't getting a surcharge because you aren't American, you are getting a surcharge due to currency differences.

Now - you may not accept that - but it certainly isn't racism.

By the way, I work with many people in Asia.
  • Commented on 08-27-2014 at 8:06 PM
    Hey Raymond, Are you coming to PhoneGap Day EU Berlin ?. If you are coming please let me know then I will buy ticket. I want to meet you and just wanna say hello. Thank you very much for writing very helpful articles
  • Commented on 08-27-2014 at 8:18 PM
    I want to - but - I have some personal things (good things) that impact my ability to travel around then.
  • Commented on 09-09-2014 at 8:04 PM
    I wish you all the best with you personal things. I hope to see you soon. Raymond I am attending PhoneGap essentials workshop. What you suggest me to get full out of those workshops. What shall i study before going there. Thanks :)
  • Commented on 09-09-2014 at 9:54 PM
    I'd look over the main docs and get your environment up and running. Be able to build out Cordova apps from the CLI.

Post Reply