Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

ColdFusion 11 Lockdown Guide

05-15-2014 2,417 views ColdFusion 7 Comments

The excellent ColdFusion 11 Lockdown Guide has been released. You can view it here (PDF): http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf11/cf11-lockdown-guide.pdf

7 Comments

• Dana K #
    Commented on 05-15-2014 at 8:46 AM
    I'm glad they coordinated the release date with this on a much improved timeframe from last version!
  • ayhan #
    Commented on 05-15-2014 at 9:09 AM
    Adobe doesn't show coldfusion under products. Checked all products! Not even under web development!! Why are they still keeping? maybe they should sell to some company who can care!
  • Commented on 05-15-2014 at 9:13 AM
    This (the prominence on the home page) has been the same for many years. Yeah it sucks, but honestly, it hasn't "killed" CF yet and as we just released 2 major updates w/ 12 on the way, I'd not be too concerned about it.
  • ayhan #
    Commented on 05-15-2014 at 10:01 AM
    i know it hasn't killed. Just it really sucks that nobody gives st
  • Daniel Mejia #
    Commented on 06-24-2014 at 8:00 PM
    Back on topic. Pete suggests to install coldfusion on a separate partition and in a custom folder name (section 2.2). Then in section 2.11 he suggests to make the physical path of the cf admin site on another partition within the sites folder, ie: d:/sites/cfadmin-web/.

However, the files for the admin site are installed in {cf-root}/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE. So I attempted to move the entire CFIDE to my new cfadmin folder under my sites partition.

Ofcourse, now my admin site is throwing a 500.19 "Cannot read configuration file". Which is attempting to reference the web.config file under the {cf-root}/cfusion/wwwroot/CFIDE.

So this guide is missing instructions on this part. What do I do?
  • Commented on 06-24-2014 at 9:28 PM
    Not to pawn you off, but did you try asking Pete?
  • Daniel Mejia #
    Commented on 06-24-2014 at 11:03 PM
    I did, but I also want to get the answers on the only blog post I found regarding this guide. I'm positive someone else will be searching too.

Post Reply