Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

Recording: Debugging Mobile Applications Presentation

04-18-2014 3,739 views Mobile, Development 10 Comments

Thank you to everyone who attended (not sure how many - 20+ I think?) my Google Hangout presentation today. I think I'm getting used to the platform but as always, if anyone has any tips for how I could do these better, I'll gladly listen to your advice. You can watch the recording below. I'm not attaching the slide deck as there aren't any 'real' demo files for you to play with, but if anyone really wants it, I will.

10 Comments

• Gary F #
    Commented on 04-18-2014 at 7:41 PM
    An excellent overview of every debug option - thank you, Ray. I had no idea that Chrome v32+ had a built-in debugger for Android. I'm gutted I can't get it to work, it doesn't see my Galaxy S4. But I find Weinre (via PhoneGap Build) is great even if it lacks the remote browser view and remote control.
  • Sergio Martínez #
    Commented on 04-19-2014 at 9:15 AM
    Very, very useful information, I've been working with PhoneGap lately and I didn't know how to debug my apps efficiently. Thanks, Ray!
  • dan #
    Commented on 04-20-2014 at 5:34 PM
    very helpful, thanks.

I have a strange issue when I use safari for debugging phone gap applications on the iOS simulator or on a real device, I'm able to select my app and view all css and see the selected elements when I select them in the developer console but for some reason the breakpoints don't work for me, I'm able to set breakpoints but the debugger never stops when a breakpoint is reached, maybe you encountered this before?
  • Commented on 04-20-2014 at 5:45 PM
    Are you doing something 'special' with your JS, like loading it later?
  • dan #
    Commented on 04-20-2014 at 5:48 PM
    I'm using ionic as my application framework, maybe they are doing something 'special'?
    I guess I should try it with a simpler app first
  • Commented on 04-20-2014 at 6:00 PM
    I just tested w/ an ionic project, using ios 7.1 simulator, and the debugger worked.
  • dan #
    Commented on 04-20-2014 at 6:04 PM
    I believe it used to work in the past but suddenly something changed and the breakpoints stopped working (I don't think I did something special).
  • Commented on 04-21-2014 at 8:33 AM
    I'd probably suggest seeing if you can reproduce it consistently and if so - file a bug report with them. In my test, I used the default virgin project (tabs I think).
  • Commented on 04-24-2014 at 1:42 AM
    Wow!! That's really nice to introduce debugging mobile applications in your presentation.
  • Ami Gandhi #
    Commented on 07-04-2014 at 11:52 AM
    Hi Raymond! I must tell it's a nice presentation for mobile debugging.

Post Reply