Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

ColdFusion Updates Today

02-27-2013 3,276 views ColdFusion 13 Comments

Today we released updates for ColdFusion 9 and 10. These updates allow for Java 7 and fix an issue with Google Maps. You can find details on ColdFusion 9's update here and ColdFusion 10 here.

This morning I applied the update on my local ColdFusion 10 box and tested a page with cfmap on it. You will get an error if you leave the Google Map API key value set in your settings (either the ColdFusion Administrator or App.cfc). If you just remove the value you should be fine.

13 Comments

• Rick #
    Commented on 02-27-2013 at 9:32 AM
    I sure wish that there was an easier process for updating ColdFusion. The process is so involved that I suspect others (like me) procrastinate on applying the updates.
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 9:32 AM
    Um, you have seen how it works in CF10, right? It is point/click/done.
  • Edward Rynearson #
    Commented on 02-27-2013 at 10:20 AM
    I am interested in learning about the v3 google maps upgrade
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 10:22 AM
    Did they every fix the cgi.scriptname / cgi.pathinfo bug?
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 10:22 AM
    It simply makes CF's cfmap tag work with v3 of the Google Map API.
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 10:22 AM
    Michael, check the bug tracker and see the status.
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 10:22 AM
    Michael, check the bug tracker and see the status.
  • Bob Clingan #
    Commented on 02-27-2013 at 11:33 AM
    Ray- the CF10 update feature only works if you are using standalone... if you do the J2EE install you get an error that says "can't deploy the update for j2ee server". The update process is still way better than CF9... that is like 13 steps.
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 11:36 AM
    Bob, sounds like a bug, can you report it? Or post to ColdFusion blog I linked to above (first link).
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 2:30 PM
    Can you please supply the download link to the proper JDK 1.7 install for Windows Server 2008 R2 running ColdFusion 9.0.1 64-bit? Thanks so much!
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 3:02 PM
    Um, no - I don't run CF9. :) May I suggest posting it as a comment on the blog I linked to (first link)?
  • Bob Clingan #
    Commented on 02-27-2013 at 3:05 PM
    Ray, a somewhat unrelated note to this thread.. I noticed the comment count on the home page is out of sync with the actual number of comments... I'm guessing its cached maybe? For instance mine shows 9, when its 11 (about to be 12)
  • Commented on 02-27-2013 at 3:06 PM
    The home page has to do the most work, and it gets the fewest views (most folks come in directly), so I cache the entire thing.

Post Reply