I don’t normally do a blog post for new Brackets releases, but I wanted to specifically call out the most recent release, Sprint 24. From the web site, this release includes:
- New Quick View: Use your mouse to hover over color, gradient and image values for an in-editor preview.
- New Quick Docs for CSS: Press Ctrl+K or Cmd+K on a CSS property to view community generated documentation powered by WebPlatform.org.
- Jump To Definition: Instantly locate a function or property definition in your project by pressing Ctrl+J or Cmd+J.
- Function Argument / Signature Hints: Press Ctrl+Space inside a function call’s ()s to see information on its arguments and their types.
- New Project Panel Design: Visual updates to the project panel.
- Install Extensions From Toolbar: Install extensions directly from the toolbar.
Here’s an example of the Quick Docs support for CSS:
And a shot of the hover in-editor preview:
Remember, you can try this out for yourself, right now, for free, at http://download.brackets.io/.