Twitter: raymondcamden

Address: Lafayette, LA, USA

Released: Learn CF in a Week

11-08-2012 3,128 views ColdFusion 6 Comments

This is pretty big news folks. For a while now, various members of the ColdFusion community, led by Simon Free, have been working on a new educational resource for CF developers. It is now live at: http://www.learncfinaweek.com/.

The material covers 15 chapters on topics ranging from ORM, security and even internationalization. You can view the material online or download it as a PDF or eBook version.

To make it even sweeter - this is also 100% free!

6 Comments

These comments will soon be imported into Disqus. To add a comment, use Disqus above.
  • Mikel #
    Commented on 11-08-2012 at 12:52 PM
    Oh, this is great! I think both my wife and daughter will have to take advantage of this great resource!
  • Donna #
    Commented on 11-14-2012 at 2:10 PM
    I'm not having any luck with this once it tries to create the database. I've tried using Mac & Win and run into the same issue so I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing (or not doing) correctly? I have some experience with MS SQL but none with MySQL so any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Commented on 11-14-2012 at 2:24 PM
    I was going to recommend you provide this feedback on the site itself, but while I see a generic 'contact' link, I'm not seeing a specific, good way to comment about a particular lesson. I just pinged Simon Free to see what he had in mind for that. That being said, what's going wrong exactly? Is there one step failing for you?
  • Commented on 11-14-2012 at 3:27 PM
    @donna, The problem is probably due to your install of MySQL not having command line access. Fill out this form http://www.learncfinaweek.com/askquestion/ and once i have a way of contacting you I can send you the instructions to do it manually.

@ray, we now have an ask a question link in the header as well as a feedback/contribute section
  • Commented on 11-14-2012 at 3:29 PM
    Nice. I still Disqus on each lesson would be a great way to add commenting.
  • Donna French #
    Commented on 11-14-2012 at 3:30 PM
    Thanks guys! Ray - when I try to run the install files, it fails. Simon - I'm gonna shoot you a message. You guys are awesome!!!